31 January 2008

Beginning of the End

Oh my gosh...it is finally the last day of January 2008! Hallelujah and praise the sweet Lord because quite frankly, it seemed like it would never come! Between facial surgeries, bug infestations, teaching the crazy little ones and all the other hurdles of the month, I definitely had my doubts! However, Saimai will not break me...unless the bug infestations continue because that really does totally gross me out!

I came to the stark realization that my time in Thailand really is starting to dwindle down. With only one month of teaching remaining, a couple weeks of wrap-up work at school followed by a couple weeks of traveling my little heart out around Southeast Asia (proposed itinerary: Cambodia & Vietnam), I will be home in just over two months! I even booked my flight home today! I leave April 1st from Bangkok to San Francisco, where I am going to spend a couple days exploring sunny San Fran with one of my best friends Ashley (who just moved there)! Then on April 5th, yours truly is landing back in the Midwest and heading to the nearest restaurant selling nothing but greasy, mouth-watering American food!

Until then, expect some more good shenanigans! I am taking a Thai cooking class this weekend (good thing I know how to say "a little spicy" in Thai - pet nit noy!), might join the Lumphini Park aerobics class, am looking at some good weekend trips (i.e. Kanchanburi - Bridge on the River Kwai anyone?) and then Cambodia and Vietnam here I come! Stay warm everyone and can't wait to see you all sooner rather than later!

P.S. I might even have a real, real world job when I get back stateside - can you believe it?!?!

No comments: