10 August 2007

Jolly ol' London

Cheers everyone!

I have arrived in my very favoritest city in the world: LONDON! After many hours of traveling, two of my bestest friends, Megan #1 and Megan #2 (to ward off confusion), and I made it to London yesterday morning. Quite frankly, I feel as though I never left - everything is so wonderfully familiar, and I could not be a happier gal at the moment.

Yesterday, we got a personal tour of Wimbledon, aka the holy grail of tennis. Megan #1's boyfriend Will has worked at Wimbledon the past two summers so he gave us a nice little tour. They are undergoing a lot of construction to build new courts and retractable roof on Centre Court (hence the construction wear we are oh so fashionably sporting in this picture). After the tour, we rested for a bit before we grabbed a pint with Will and a bunch of his British chums who work with him at Wimbledon at the pub. Needless to say, I am a sucker for the British accent!

Today we spent the day walking all around London. It's been a couple years since I have been here, and today I clearly thought I remembered London better than I actually did! I got us lost a few times, but I mean come on, we got to see the real backstreets of London. So what if we saw the same backstreet 5 times?

We walked all around Hyde Park then stopped in for a quick visit to Harrod's, realized everything was ridiculously out of our price range and were determined to find something a bit cheaper. We stopped by Buckingham Palace, Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament (seen here in this lovely photo) and then decided our poor feet needed a break. Tonight, we are going to grab a bite then see where the night takes us!

No comments: